Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day with Grandpa

My boys, Carmen and my mom decided to go out to my Grandpa's farm and see the new animals! Cahlin was very excited to see the horses and cows. Grandpa had a brand new colt and it was so cute! Cahlin wanted to ride it but he settled for the bigger horse. I was really suprised, I thought that he would be scared once we got there but he wasn't! He climbed right on and was very excited. ( He has been asking to ride Carmen's dogs.) :) Then we decided to go see the calf. He was kind of far out so Grandpa decided to take Cahlin on the tractor with him. Cahlin was not having that! He was brave as a lion for the horse and he was terrified of the tractor! The only way he would ride on it was if I hung off the side with him! But eventually he found some courage and he went out with Grandpa on his own. We had such a fun time seeing the animals and Grandpa and Grandma. We can't wait to make a habit of coming over for visits! This colt was born on the 4th of July!
Cahlin was dieing to ride a horse. He kept saying that this was the daddy horse.
Melt my heart!!
Cahlin and Grandpa went on the tractor into this field to find the baby calf that was just recently born.
I was hanging on the other side of the tractor because Cahlin was to afraid to ride by himself. It was great fun but after awhile I had to jump off because my arms were SCREAMING!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

I'm glad you're able to enjoy your family. It sounds like you guys are having a good time!

Liz said...

I'm glad your boys get to be close to their Grandpa's! How are you holding up being away from Kevin??? We'll be up next week...I hope you'll come out at least for a day! We LOVED seeing you guys again and missed Uncle Kevin!!!!