Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Day!!


So I guess in St. Anthony Pioneer Day is HUGE!! They had a play going all week long, Rodeos and Parades! We started the week with the Rodeo. Carmen, my Mom, Cahlin, Eyan and I all ventured out to see the grande event! Cahlin had a GREAT time! He loved playing the dirt. Someone left a pop on the bench and so he dumped it out and started to make a mud pie. I didn't really care he was all ready dirty! Then he started to put dirt down this little girls shirt. She was SOOO upset! I felt horrible! So the dirt games had to stop. He decided that it would be fun to climb under the bleachers. So I made him sit on my lap for the rest of the Rodeo. He wasn't very happy about it and he was a little bit crazy from lack of sleep. I pretty much did not have a very enjoyable time! By the end of the night I swore I would never take him to another Rodeo.
So the next night I packed him up and.... took him to the Rodeo!! :) Not even kidding! I was a brave soul. I had a plan though. He was so much better and I was so glad that we took him. He got to go out and chase a calf around the arena to see if he could get the money tied to his tail. He had fun but he was pretty mad that he got dirt in his shoes. He stopped and asked the clown to help him clean his shoes. We missed Kevin pretty badly that night I knew that he would really want to be there. But I took comfort in knowing that if he could have been here he would have been on the fence cheering Cahlin just as hard as I was.
Early in the morning there was a parade. I have never seen such awesome floats. They were beautiful and they were all centered around the church!Cahlin got a ton of candy it was crazy. He would wave at the people and they would throw him candy and then he would yell Thank you and they would throw more!
I still can't load any picutres but I will the second that I can!

2 comments:

Mindy R said...

What an adventure! Little boys are so fun, and I imagine it being a lot more difficult without Kevin. I would struggle without Steven that's for sure. I'm sure the time will fly! Good luck!

McKenzie said...

I've heard alot about St. Anthony's celebrations, and we just may have to check them out next year. Sounds like you had fun in the end though!