Sunday, May 31, 2009

United States Navy


It's official!!! Kevin is now Property of the United States NAVY!!! We are so excited for this new step in our lives and we can't wait to get it going. It seems that everything takes a rather long time to get going with the Military. We are still waiting to see what schooling and job Kevin will do, so we will keep you up to date with that news. As of right now we aren't sure when he will leave for Basic training but we should be able to have a normal family summer together. Which as most of you know we have never really had a NORMAL family summer. We are excited to have an Idaho Falls 4th of July!!! ( I'm totally biased, everywhere else has lame 4th of July's) :) We have been to our Nation's Capital and New York City for the 4th and both were hot, muggy and raining, you couldn't even see the fireworks, because the smoke would just hang in the air!!Also, to go on camping trips and family reunions!! It should be great fun! Thanks to everyone who has helped us on our journey to the Navy and for all of the advise!! We love you all!!!



* Here is a picture of Kevin with some of the stuff they gave him... lol... I'm not gonna lie, the Navy doesn't have the most attractive uniforms... but I think he's pretty good lookin!!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Wooohoooo!!! That's so exciting! I'm sorry things are going slowly, but at least you know he's in!!! I'm excited for you to have a family summer! Does that mean you can do Warm River this year??? I hope so!

Sabrina said...

That is good and now you can start to make some planing for life. It will be intersting to see where you end up. Now I can have a military fam. I hope you learn faster than I do. I always have ?'s. hehe

Alan and Lynette said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! HOLY COW!!! PURE CRAZINESS! Thought I do have to say that I was sad when I thought he'd miss the reunions and stuff...
Best of luck... ;)

The MK Crew said...

I want to watch the fireworks in Idaho Falls! Good Luck to you guys! You can do anything you put your minds too!

Lori said...

Wow! I am so excited for your family! This will be a hard but worthwhile adventure. I have two cousins who went through the navy, both became pilots and have had very successful careers! Good Luck!

Josh and Amber said...

Congrats to the new life you guys will be having!

I totally agree with you on the Idaho Falls 4th of July's. No where else is the same! But I got to go to IF last year for the 4th and get to go again this year! I can't wait! Maybe I'll get to see you and your fam, that would be fun!

Teisha Hall said...

WOW! I can't believe Kevin joined the Navy! That is so exciting, you are a strong woman, I don't know how I would live if my husband was gone to basic training or if he was called to active duty! Congradulations on your new life, I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Trish said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Didn't know you guys were pursuing this option. We are happy for you and your family! Really. Clay is right here nodding his head agreeing. Excited to see you this summer and to hear how Kevin does. He's a hardworker. Way to go!!!!

Kendra said...

That is exciting and scary all at the same time! Where is he going for basic training? My brother joined the Navy a few months ago and went to like Illinois or something like that... can't remember... anyway, please let me know what I can do to help you!! I want to take my boys to the splash park in Pocatello some time so you should bring your boys too!!! I have never been there, so I don't know what it is like, but I bet they would have a BLAST together!

linds&lance said...

I am just begining this whole blogging thing and it is so fun catching up with friends! Your family is so cute!