Monday, May 11, 2009

-Yellowstone-

Kevin's parents and our family planned a trip back in February to go to Yellowstone in May. We thought it would be great weather by then and so we planned it out and set off!! I kept looking at the weather reports for this last weekend and it never looked very promising but we decided to tough it out...

Friday night we got up to our camp ground and set our tent up next to a great pile of snow. We had a heater to put in our tent and 2 cans of propane to keep warm, we thought we would only need one... well, the first tank ran out at about 11:30. Grace climbed in our bed at about 2 in the morning and really Kevin and I didn't mind... she kept us warm!! The next tank ran out at about 5 in the morning. Right after the last of our heat we had to pull Eyan into bed, then Grace freaked out, jumped out of bed and threw up. By this time, Cahlin had woken up. We all got out of the tent and went for a 2 hour joy ride. It was great, we couldn't get warm enough in the car!

We did enjoy having our very first true camping experience as a family. Cahlin got to roast his first hot dog and experience a S'more for the first time! He had so much fun, it was lots of fun to share this first with Grandma and Grandpa!

On our morning ride, we saw a bear chasing down a herd of Bison!!! We couldn't believe it! It was so amazing to watch. We got a video of it, but we were driving and it gets a little shaky, so sorry! But enjoy it's extremely cool to watch!




Then we headed to Old Faithful to see all the geysers there!



After the Geysers we went over to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone... it was amazing! I had no idea something like that was in Yellowstone. It was breath taking. We forgot our camera in the car for that spot. Great! The next stop was Mammoth Hot Springs... my 2nd favorite spot! Holy cow!!! Yellowstone is freaking awesome!!! We've got to go back!!! Here are a few more scrap pages from our trip.... enjoy!!!

8 comments:

The Adams Family said...

Are you kidding... How awesome Brittany. I would love to get back to Yellowstone. I am so glad you guys went, despite the cold and all. Way to tough it out! :) That video is amazing, Go bear go! What wonderful memories you have made for your kids! I love your scrap booking pages. :)

Unknown said...

You have it scrapped already-- your amazing :) Sounds cold but tons of fun!

The Millar Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Millar Family said...

That is so awesome. I remember mom & dad used to take us to there a lot. Mom would fry chicken and make a potato salad the day before then we would all get in the car the next day drive through yellowstone for hrs then find a spot and have a picnic. It's one of my best childhood memories! Mike & I have been talking about going for yrs we just haven't had the chance yet. I bet the kids just loved it!!

Lori said...

My favorite family trips were the week we would spend at Yellowstone. We would go in July, but even then you aren't guaranteed warm weather! What beautiful pictures! Next time I am in Pocatello I aught to bring my pictures or CDs of pictures to you. I think I would rather pay someone at this point than struggle myself. Take care, love you

Kendra said...

Crazy! That video was so cool!!! Reading about your trip makes me want to take my family camping up there....maybe in a camper so we don't freeze to death (even though we don't own a camper). Just wondering, what did you do with Eyan? I am always afraid that Izaac will freeze, so it makes me not want to go camping....

The MK Crew said...

What a fun trip! We're jealous - having Grandma and Grandpa all to yourselves - those are some of our favorite times and memories. And even the cold makes it more memorable - you won't forget it!

the h fam. said...

what a fun trip! that's cool about the bear! everytime i'm in yellowstone i hope to see a bear and it never happens!!