Monday, September 21, 2009

Washington Trip

In August we had the awesome opportunity to go to one of Kevin's family reunions in Washington. We were very excited that we got to go and visit the places that Kevin was born, and lived a bit of his childhood. It was neat to experience this whole other world that is a part of my husband. We got to visit his Grandparents home, it was fun to actually be able to have a picture to put with all the stories I've been told. We were also able to spend a day exploring the little towns that his family lived. It was fun, and now I'm proud to say that there is a more po-dunk town than Rigby. And I'm very excited to us that to my advantage whenever he makes fun of Rigby! :)

The family reunion was great. I actually met a lot of Kevin's extended family that I've never met before. The kids had fun with all the activities to do and cousins. It was a bit cold so we didn't get to do quite as much as planned but we were happy that we got to stay in a cabin! I'm not one that likes to freeze and be miserable all night long. Kevin and I got to go on a hay ride together. Cahlin got to play in a bounce house almost constantly, and go for a ride on a horse. He was very excited about that last bit. He loves horses. It was well worth the 12 hour drive! Now we are just wondering when the next time we will actually be able to go back will be... probably another 4 years! :)

1 comment:

Trish said...

Thats really neat Brittney. I'm sure Kevin was proud to show you his town and family. Such cute pics of the horse and your boys! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I miss you too!