Monday, January 19, 2009

Rose

Yesterday was a great day!! I have been trying really hard to watch my intake on food. So, I did really well last week! My reward to myself is that one day a week I get to eat whatever I want! Yesterday, I made a Raspberry Ganache Pie!! It is SO good!! It's very rich and VERY chocolatey! I LOVED it... Kevin said it was ok! :) Here's a pic of the pie... I have really been into making our little meals around the house look pretty. Even when we have hot dogs and veggies I have to situate everything on the plate so that it looks pretty.
We also went for a little Sunday drive yesterday, up in the hills of Pocatello. It's fun to drive around here because we don't really know any of the sights around town! So, it was fun to see what we could do this summer!
Cahlin wanted to take a few pictures. He got a pretty good one of Kevin and I but it was blurry. He also got this great pic of Eyan. As you can tell by the look on his face... he had a blast!!
This was the view just before we started getting into the canyon. This is Pocatello at night! I have never really considered Pocatello to be a pretty city. But this view was awesome. I love seeing the city lights at night!

Just a pretty view of the sunset!!Kevin surprised me with these beautiful roses this weekend. I was really surprised and I love them! Now, I just need to clarify on here that in the past I have only had 1 rose actually open and live for more than one day. Without a doubt they always die the very next day. These roses are troopers and they have lived for 3 whole days so far!! And the one opened pretty well. Even tho the others didn't do such a good job they are still beautiful! Also, I know the song that is playing today is called "The Rose" and I know it's old school but when I was growing up whenever I would go to my mom's house I would play this song non-stop on her piano. ( she has a player piano) I actually ruined the roll because I played it so much! Also, Today is Monday and that means there will be a rose ceremony!!! Yes, you guessed right The Bachelor!!! I'm excited for it today... but I really want to know when they bring in DeAnna. Also, I wish he would get rid of that stupid Erica chick. She is so raunchy... and she reminds me of a guy. Have a nice day people!

2 comments:

Zajanc Family said...

Your pie looks so good!!! Yum!

Trish said...

Aug! It's 8:05pm. I missed the Bachelor. Clay and I were looking forward to it tonight. OOOOOHHHH! Clay just said it is a 2 hour show. Woo Hoo! That pie looks AMAZING! We need the recipe! Liz and I were just talking that you guys seem so happy! We love you!