Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ticking Bomb



I know I'm usually pretty happy on here but today I feel like I'm gonna blow. So, just fair warning this is not a happy post... this is my time to vent. Bare with me.
I HATE when my 3 year old seems to think that he needs to defi every single thing that we do. I HATE back talk... oh... it boils my blood. I'm so sick of the arguing and the bargaining. I HATE that with every single thing that we do Cahlin wants to do the opposite. If I say we are having pancakes for breakfast he freaks out and wants cereal... if I say we are having cereal he freaks out and wants pancakes. If I suggest he wear his white shirt today, he refuses and wants his red shirt. If I ask if he wants to do puzzles or play a game and he refuses to answer so I pick puzzles he freaks out because he wants to play a game. I HATE fighting him to brush his teeth! He is 3 years old!!! I have been brushing his teeth for almost 3 years and he still fights it! Don't you think it's about time he thought... hey this is gonna happen twice a day for the rest of my life... I should get used to it!! But NO!!! It's always a fight!
Now I don't want you to think that I don't give Cahlin the chance to do these things for himself... I let him brush his teeth first, I let him choose what's for breakfast first, I let him choose his shirt,or which activity to do!!! But lately he seems to think that he is the king of the castle and doesn't have to do any of it!!!!!!!! I am so SICK of having to defend MY title!! I'M THE MOM!! I'M THE BOSS!
This has just been in the last 4 or 5 days that he has been really acting up too! He's usually not like this. If I let him choose and give him plenty of notice he's just fine.
Yesterday morning he freaked out for 2 HOURS because we decided to make pancakes and then he decided he wanted cereal! For the last 3 nights he hasn't gone to bed until 10 because he is to busy freaking out because he lost privileges because he wouldn't get ready for bed!
Also, Eyan is teething so between Cahlin freaking out because his shoes are too tight or because he doesn't have the right spoon and Eyan crying non stop because his poor little gums hurt. I think all of my hair is going to fall out, I'm going to get bags under my eyes, and I 'm going to admit myself to the corner of my room and never come out.
Now that I'm done ranting and raving, I still don't feel any better. But I know that Cahlin will do something nice and amend himself... in the mean time I need to hold my temper in. Wish me luck.

**** I swear I don't hit my children. I am usually very calm with him and understanding. I promise I won't do anything to harm them. :)

4 comments:

Josh and Amber said...

Sounds like your about to blow! I hope writting this down helped release some of the tension. You've given me an insight of what I have to look forward to in the next couple of years. And I can understand your frustraion. Us moms always have moments we just wanna do what that picture is doing! Also I love the comic you put with this post. Made me laugh!

Trish said...

Clay always says that the answer is a spankin! I don't agree but he would tell you that. :) It's called free agency. I hated it with Abby - tremendously hated it.

BTW, Clay and I watched the Bachelor last night per your recommendation. Loved it! And the Beautiful person show after that; loved that too!

You deserve chocolate and a manicure tonight.

Love you.

Savannah said...

All I can say is, I Hear You. I'm beginning to believe what people have said about three being worse than two! GOOD LUCK!

Kendra said...

Ha ha ha, I can laugh because I have BEEN there! And Brit, we all go through it. And, it is hard. There are days when Payton is so defiant that I swear I could freak out. It is just their way of asserting their independence. You know what helps me? I have a toy room. And it has a child safety lock on it inside and out. So, if I put Payton in he cannot get out! I put him in there (where he can play with toys and have fun and be safe) and I take a time out for myself. Izaac is usually not a problem...Good luck!