Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthdy!


Kevin is turning 23 this weekend!! WOOT! I am really excited for his birthday. We are leaving today to go spend the weekend at his parents house! It's going to be a lot of fun and really nice just to be there by ourselves and have Grandma & Grandpa all to us!! Kevin's parents don't eat any kind of sugar.. ( I know, I could never do it) so I decided that I would make him his birthday cake before we went up. I LOVE decorating cakes and I have decided that I want to start working with fondant. It was awesome! I had a lot of fun doing the cake! It's not perfect because my cake turned out kinda weird and we didn't have the cutters for the numbers and design so it's not perfect! But that's ok! My goal ultimately is to do wedding cakes and have a cake business. It's great fun doing. And I can do it at home when my kids are asleep! So, spread the word! If you know of anyone that needs a cake for a baby shower, birthday, anniversary, wedding! Let me know!!! I'm also going to start classes here soon! Have a great weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Jon&Cierra said...

Britt! You are so talented! If I ever need a cake I will definitely call you! Love and miss you tons!

Liz said...

It looks perfect to me!!! Good job! And happy birthday to Kevin! He's so OLD!!! J/K Have a terrific weekend!

The Adams Family said...

Happy Birthday Kevin!!! Brit you did an absolutely fabulous job on the cake. Have a great weekend. :)

Kelcie said...

Yum, that cake looks delicous! I think that is awesome you want to make cakes as a business, that would be so much fun! I can't believe Kevin is only 23, devon is 24! But don't mention that to him, he is sensitive :) Miss you britt!

Mille said...

Wow, Great job!!! Ryan loves to decorate cakes too... hence the whole coldstone thing... but anyway, we haven't tried the fondant.

Trish said...

Brittney! Man! I am soooo proud of you! It looks gorgeous! I hope you can share your talent with others - and get paid for it!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!

Unknown said...

It looks great! You'll do great with a cake business.

the h fam. said...

like i said, i can top that!

Sabrina said...

Your cakes look so awesome. Where were you for my wedding. Decorating cakes looks so hard to me but fun.

The Millar Family said...

Wow my cakes never look that good. Great Job!!! Happy Birthday Kevin! Love you guys

cierasmom said...

Sweet Cake Brittney!!!! How fun. Is fondant easy to work with? That is one thing I havent ever tried. Hey I need your email I wanted to ask you something.
PS....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!

Savannah said...

That looks so fun! When you say you're starting classes soon, does that mean you're taking them, or teaching them?
Don't you just love fondant? It's the best thing for me, since it's hard to mess up! I'm not very talented in the cake decorating area... :)

Zajanc Family said...

Brittney you are so talented, Kevin's cake is awesome! Tell him happy late birthday. BTW your boxer is so cute.