Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Boxer



Kevin and I have been thinking a lot lately about getting a dog. We both grew up with them and we really would love for our kids to have an animal! So, we were looking around online and found a site that breeds boxers and is also a rescue for animals that are abused. They also train show dogs! So, we were looking around and found an ad for a 2 year old boxer! Her name is Grace and she just had puppies in December. She was placed in the rescue home because of complication with her pregnancy and now she is doing great! So, now she needs a home! They have some of her puppies still but, Boxers are especially stubborn and difficult to train. And I don't want any part of that! Plus, since she has been at the rescue and with these people she has been trained! She knows commands and everything! WE are really excited! Boxers are very protective of their family members especially the children that they are close to. They would sooner protect a child than it's owner! Kevin and I love the look of boxers and we wanted a dog that would watch out for our kids and be kind to them also! She doesn't bark at all and she sounds like she is so sweet! Which we totally need a sweet animal... for those of you who are close to us, you all know that for some reason our cats just haven't turned out very... um.. what's the word... friendly? :) So, we are excited to have a sweet doggie! She's in West Yellowstone right now and we are going to see her tomorrow on our way up to Bozeman to visit Kevin's parents. We will make a decision about her this weekend and bring her home when we come back from Bozeman!! So, wish us luck and any insight you have on boxers or dogs in general, we welcome!!She is the one with the solid black face with the 3 dogs!

6 comments:

the h fam. said...

i love dogs! you will love her! way to save a doggy life.

Josh and Amber said...

I LOVE the look of boxers! Josh and I awhile back were thinking about getting a dog and we were loving the boxers. We decided to wait on getting a dog, but I'm so excited that you've found a sweet one! I hope it all works out for you! She's beautiful!

Mille said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you!!! AND...I'm SUPER DUPER glad that you are picking up a dog that has been in a shelter and trained. That is so great!! THe shelter I'm volunteering at doesn't euthanise any dogs, but I've heard that others only wait 72 hours and if they aren't claimed...they are gone. SO SAD..so I'm so glad that you are saving a doggy!! Good Luck! She looks soo good as well.

Alan and Lynette said...

Wow...that would be a big undertaking...
Good luck making the decision.
Grace does look sweet...

Trish said...

Oh. My. Goodness. We love our AJ but I think I would love him more if he wasn't a puppy. We have Beau this week also. 2 dogs is um double the trouble and double the fun! It sounds like you are prepared and ready for a boxer. She sounds perfect! I can't wait to hear what you decide.

Sabrina said...

I hope you like going for long walks. Make sure she know that everyone in the house is the pack leader right of the bat. have fun with one more added member to the family.