Sunday, April 19, 2009

Seven Pounds

*********** WARNING SPOILERS BELOW****************







So, Kevin and I rented Seven Pounds a few days ago... has anyone seen this movie?? I have really mixed feelings about it! It's a good show but the ending is really upsetting. It's about a married guy and he gets in a wreck with a van. His wife dies and 6 other people. So, He quits his job and decides to change 7 peoples lives. I guess so he's not guilty anymore or something.. Anyways, he donates bone marrow, and a few other things. He finds a girl that has heart failure and he tries to help find a donor but they can't find a heart for her. He ends up falling in love with her. Anyways, he commits suicide to give her his heart because she would have died if not. And he donates his eyes to a blind man. It was a good show but then they fall in love and then he takes himself away from her. I can't decide if it's the ultimate gift or what. Even just thinking about it right now makes me upset. What do you think Heavenly Father would do if someone did that? Hard situation. Anyways, the main Actor is Will Smith so it's well done. And it's done by the producer of The Pursuit of Happiness. Anyways, I wanted to hear what you all think of the movie if you have seen it.

8 comments:

Trish said...

I LOVE Will Smith and I loved the Pursuit of Happiness but I hate sad endings. Now that I know how it ends... :) I don't want to see it. I think about movies like this for days, and analyze my life and their lives and try to find a better/different solution. I don't like real life suffering movies; can't handle them. Life is too stressful for me now - I need a good comedy. I watched Somethings Gotta Give last night. First time seeing it. Loved THAT one!

Zajanc Family said...

This sounds like a really sad movie, thanks for the heads up.

Lori said...

Not a fan. Seemed dark and a little disjointed, but I know a lot of people loved it.

Josh and Amber said...

I really liked this movie. Of course I bawled through a lot of it. But I like movies that make me start thinking. Even though it ends so sad, it made me start thinking of how I could help others. I think it's pretty amazing that there's this person who 7 people died because of him, so he dedicated his life to save 7 others, to make up for what he did I guess. Super sad how it has to end, but I really liked the movie.

Liz said...

Thanks for ruining it for us.....JK. Liz saw that you blogged about it and didn't read it, but we get free redboxes and she wanted to read your blog to see if we should get tonight for our 9th anniversary. I will get it and tell you what I think later. I will tell Liz not to read your blog so it doesn't spoil the suprise. P.S. you can't donate your heart to someone specific because there are already people on the list....Jeff, I think.

Alan and Lynette said...

I haven't seen the movie because of the poor reviews that I heard from friends here, but judging from your review I'd hate it...I already know...It sounds like Will's character missed the point...

Liz said...

Well, I really liked it! This is really Liz speaking! Cute Jeff commenting. He never does that! He told me to quote John 15:13 to you, but I don't think you can analyze too much or you for sure won't like the movie or what the character Ben chose to do. Just one of those movies that makes you think...what it made me think about is "Am I a good person even when I don't know that other's are watching?" and "Do I do enough good?" I think you should put a warning at the beginning of your post so people who haven't watched the show won't read your post until after. That way people will still go rent it! I'm glad we watched it!

Kendra said...

I think your question about what heavenly father would do in a case like that is a good question. I think that in cases like suicide, our heavenly father takes EVERY case and looks at everything considered. Some people believe that all suicides go to hell, but I know in my heart that it is not true...it's an issue that hits WAY to close to home :( I am sure that if this really happened, where a person was willing to take their own life to save another's, that would be taken into account. This show would bother me, I wouldn't be able to watch it...glad I don't have to now :)