Friday, September 17, 2010

2010 4th of July



This year the boys and I headed up to Idaho Falls for the 4th of July celebrations. It started out with a early morning at a 5k! I ran my very first race! And sadly I don't have any pictures! Grandma Jones has them all on her camera! But it was a great race and I was proud of myself for getting it done! Then we headed on over to the Idaho Falls Parade... it was a VERY chilly morning and everyone had a hard time being excited about it! Plus, for some reason the parade took forever to start and stay going!
After the parade we went back to the Desmond's for a BBQ and the annual Water Fight! We had a great time! I will forever say that no will ever beat Grandpa Jones at a water fight... don't even start it you won't win... ever... period.... :)
We then rested our poor little bodies for a while and then ventured out for the fireworks at the Green belt! Things got kinda mixed up and we all ended up getting separated... it was a stressful event for most of us but we eventually got it figured out and settled in for the show! It was great! The boys loved the fireworks. I love seeing the wonder and excitement that is in their eyes when they watch fireworks. It's just great!
Thanks to our friends the Hatch family for coming and spending the day with us! We had so much fun with you!!! We hope it was fun for you as well!

No comments: