Friday, September 17, 2010

~ WaRm RiVeR~



Warm River was SO MUCH FUN this year!! I think we really had a great time! The boys and I camped all by ourselves in our tent! I was very proud of myself for sleeping in a tent by myself without Kevin. Don't get me wrong I was pretty nervous but we lived. Although the last night we had a close encounter with some kind of animal digging around our tent.... I almost died. So, just for future reference... please don't make me sleep in a tent by myself with just my kids to help me defend myself... :) my heart may not live through the next time!
We enjoyed many trips down the river. Playing in the shallow water, using our water pistols, Playing with our great cousins, eating, telling stories around the campfire, getting eaten alive by misquotes, running, laughing, crying ... just to name a few fun things.. :)
We also had the GREAT privilege of seeing Smokey the Bear!!! Cahlin loved it. Eyan ... wasn't quiet as thrilled. We also got to attend a little meeting on Bear Safety. I found it very interesting and Cahlin loved learning what he needed to do to defend himself from bears... ;) The older kids also got to test out how to spray Bear Spray.. it was great fun, and very entertaining!
I have been going to Warm River since I was a small child and it's always been something that I hold close to my heart. I have very great memories of this place. It was fun to see all of my family again. I miss you all. I wish everyone could be closer and we could play all the time... but that would make it so when we are together it wouldn't be quiet as special. Thank you all for helping me when I needed it as I have two small children and only 2 hands!! We can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

the h fam. said...

yay brittney posted!! i was wondering if you had given up on the blog! looks like you had a great summer! ben got a new job and has been commuting to pocatello, i'm crossing my fingers we don't have to move there (no offense) but if we do, i'm definitely kickin it at your house!!! miss you! you look awesom!

Liz said...

Fun pics Britt! We had a great time, too! I wish we could hang more often!