Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Great Books

I have been patiently waiting since the end of October for the fourth book of the Twilight Saga to come out. I have probably read at least 50 books since then. I have even gone as far as reading the first 3 books in the saga 5 times. It sounds crazy but I know for a fact that I am not the only person to read these books more then once. ( Katy) :) The majority of the books that I have read haven't been all that great but I just finished reading the first 2 books in the Inheritance Cycle. They are titled Eragon and Eldest.They are written by Christopher Paolini. They are fantasy books but they really aren't weird or anything. They were amazing books. If you liked Harry Potter then you will love these books.
If you find out that you aren't really interested in those books I also recommend Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. They are based in the future and when everyone turns 16 they have plastic surgery done to their entire body. Erasing all of the flaws on their bodies but there are some who riot and don't want their bodies changed. They eventually find out that when the doctors perform the surgery they basically shut down parts of their brains so they can't think right. The group of rioters decided to take action and save their family and friends from themselves. Uglies is the first book then Pretties, Specials and last is Extras.
So if you are dieing for Breaking Dawn here are some good reads to occupy your mind until August!

2 comments:

Emily Rose said...

I love the twilight books too. I read them so fast, which was a good thing since I was so into them I was a crappy wife and mom till I was done. Thank heavens for Domino's : )

Alan and Lynette said...

I think I'm going to try and get my hands on the Twilight books again before the next one comes out so I can have it all fresh in my mind:)