Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9-11

When the September 11th attacks happened I was a Sophomore at Rigby High School. Everything started out as just a normal day. I was on the dance team and so I had been at the school since 6 in the morning. School was just starting. Dance was my first hour so I was still in the gym. I can't remember exactly what time it was but I think it was around 9 or so a teacher came into the gym and said that a plane had flown into one of the World Trade Towers. At first I didn't believe him and I thought nothing of it. Then he rolled a TV into the gym and we just sat there watching. I didn't understand really what was going on. I didn't really have any idea what the Towers were for or the seriousness of the issue. One of the girls on the team had a dad that was living there in New York and so we were all really worried about her and her family. The rest of the day I just remember watching the News at school. I don't think we did anything else. Now as an adult I can understand the seriousness of the attack. I understand the heart break and the sorrow that so many people in this country had to go through and are still going through. My heart goes out to those that lost loved ones on that tragic day. I don't understand why someone would want to commit such a horrible crime in taking innocent peoples lives.
It is sad to me now that so many people don't want to be in Iraq when such a huge atrocity was made against us. This event will live on in the lives of all the people that experienced it. My brother is in the National guard and in 2005 he was deployed to go to Iraq. It was terrifying knowing that I might never see him again. But I knew that he was serving our country and that someone had to protect our freedoms. I think that we take advantage of the beautiful country that God has provided for us. We need to fight to keep it safe for our families in the coming generations. If we don't stand up against terrorism and defend innocent people, even people that are not in this country, who will? The attacks may have ceased in our land but there are thousands of people that are being killed and tortured just because of who they are. We need to stand up for what is right. Americans are not cowards. We are brave, strong, free and a righteous people and we need to make a stand in this world.

7 comments:

the h fam. said...

i have goose bumps...

Jessica said...

britt...i just want to thank you and tell ya' that you are amazing! I love ya! And you have such a sweet and wonderfuk spirit!

Jessica

Jessica said...

Okay I'm totally embarrassed!!! I should have read through my comment before I published it! Oh my! I guess that's what I get typing with one hand while I feed Brielle a bottle! I am so so sorry! I meant... "you have such a sweet and wonderful spirit!" I'm sorry!:)

Jessica

Josh and Amber said...

Thanks for the post Britt. It was really touching and made me remember where I was and what I was doing when the attack took place. When I went to New York last year my husband and I got to visit Ground Zero. It was sad being there, but there were a lot of people just showing love to one another. There was definately a different feeling there.

Cody and Jill said...

wow that gave me the chills ( good ones) and i love the pictures you have on your blog thanks

Anonymous said...

i want to say that as i sit here and think on what your mesage said i started to cry. i love this country the only thing i love more is my wife sabrina. i served a year in iraq to serve my country. to protect my land, my people, my family and freinds. would i do it again?..... IN A HEART BEAT! i am honord to serve in my nations armed forces. i am curretnly severing in alaska on ft greely on a missle deffense complex gaurding my home and country against nuclear attacks. i am proud to be an american and a soilder. it is my calling in life to stand between those who would hurt my country and loved ones. i would give my life in that service. i love you all. i am your brother, son, and husband. But most of all i am an american soilder..

Kendra said...

We were on the same track here! Every Sept. 11 I think about that day. I will never EVER forget the feeling in the room...sad, gross, mad, and somehow you could feel the country unite. Funny how that day everyone was ready to go blow up Iraq/Afganistan but now we have to fight for funding for our troops because some people don't think we are doing the right thing. Don't want to get to political, but it is interesting...