Saturday, September 13, 2008

Destiny

Five years from last night, Brittney and I started something that began with a cold night, a hometown football game, and a blanket to keep the cold away that was conveniently just big enough for two. Something that has no end from here to eternity that now includes our two incredible little boys. Five years ago today, I was getting up the courage to ask her on our first date, sitting by the phone wondering if I should wait a few days, or just call her. Feeling the anticipation of what her answer would be, and five years ago this evening, we shared our first date, our first sunset (from the top of the Menan buttes), and our first kiss (what can I say?... When she sees something she wants, she goes for it). Since then, there have been many other firsts. Many trials that would make us stronger and bring us closer together, and many more happy memories spent in the arms of the love of my life. I look forward to the rest of eternity, and want to publicly let my beautiful wife know that I love and appreciate her with all of my heart, and look forward to creating many more memories with her at my side. I love you Brittney! I could have never known that first date would lead to all of the wonderful things in my life that you now bring to it, and I could never be more happy than I am to have the privilege and honor of calling myself your husband. For time and all eternity.

5 comments:

Josh and Amber said...

Brittney you really are special. I can see your a wonderful wife and mother. And what a sweet post from your husband.

Savannah said...

That totally was cute. It was fun reading about how you guys met.

Trish said...

Your last 3 posts have made me cry. I miss you guys. You are such wonderful parents - because you are madly in love with each other!

the h fam. said...

this is the cutest most precious post ever! kevin is so sweet! freakin ben needs to make a post about how great i am!!! haha just kidding! this really is the sweetest post! what a cute couple! i remember sitting at the back of the bus on our way to a dance thing and we were talking about how much you liked kevin and other stuff!!

Trish said...

Abby loves your blog! She has her 3 girlfriends over playing "school" and had a mandatory recess where they came and listened to your music! Bleeding Love, Pocket Full of Sunshine and Life is a Highway are her favorites. Liz was over this morning and Abby is convinced she needs to make her own blog and call it Awesome Abby. Shaw. We'll see.