Wednesday, March 25, 2009

1st Birthday!!


Today is our little Eyan Riley's very first birthday!! Last year at this time, I was having contractions up the wazoo, and I was getting VERY angry because I wasn't getting my epidural... see folks I'm not one of those girls that wanted to TRY and do this naturally... no no, that's not for me. I didn't want ANY pain. NONE. My whole life I had been TERRIFIED of having a baby. So, I would rather just kick back and breeze through it. I was put in the hospital at 10 in the morning and induced, they broke my water right away and then didn't get my epidural til 1:45!!! Talk about a bad deal. I realized that I actually didn't feel any contractions worth talking about with Cahlin's labor. The beginning of Eyan's truly was HORRIBLE!!! Anyways, long story short, he was born and 3:43 PM! I was in labor for 5 short hours! Funny fact, Cahlin was born at 3:34 PM and Eyan 3:43! Crazy? Eyan weighed 6 lbs 9oz and was 20 inches long.
Eyan now weighs 20 lbs! He's a small guy but he can hold his own! Eyan loves to play with his brother and he loves his doggie! he...
* drinks out of a sippy
* crawls, and can balance
* Eats all foods
*LOVES bananas
*says please, all done and waves bye
* can clap
*wave
* And give five!
He is so smart and cute. We love him so much and are so blessed to have his sweet spirit in our home. We couldn't ask for better kids. He always puts a smile on my face! We love you Eyan!!
For Eyan's party we had everyone come over and we had hogies and cake. Then we went over to a Party Place and let the kids play on a HUGE play place.Eyan LOVED his cake. He picked the whole piece up and went after it. He was nothing but smiles the whole day!! I think he really likes being the center of attention. At the party place Eyan sat on a little airplane the whole time and just pushed the buttons and drove the plane! Thanks to everyone who came! Eyan loves you all!!!
This morning we had the traditional "Rolly Pancakes" for breakfast, This was Eyan's first time having them and he loved them! Tonight Gpa and Gma Hughes are coming over to have dinner with the birthday boy! We're excited for them to see our home... Kevin and I have been married for 4 years and they have NEVER been to any of our homes! Should be fun!

10 comments:

Mindy R said...

How crazy! He's already 1!! Looks like you guys have already had so much fun! I loved the cake, so cute! I hope dinner goes well tonight. I wish I could meet the cute little guy.

Liz said...

O.K. so when I was commenting about the cake a few posts ago and when I commented on your facebook, I was thinking the whole time..."Wait I didn't think it was his birthday yet...DUH! Sorry, I'll mark it on my calendar and NEVER get mixed up again! Happy Birthday Eyan!!!! He is soooo cute!!! We need to get him and Alison together to play again!!!

Alan and Lynette said...

Looks like a great party! I'm glad to see Eyan appreciated all the hard work you put into his cake:)
We tried calling earlier...got voicemail...
So...happy b-day Eyan!

Josh and Amber said...

He is so stinkin cute! Happy Birthday Eyan!

Mille said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to Eyan! Such a cutie!!!

Sabrina said...

I love birthday party's they are so much fun. Love the cake.

cierasmom said...

Happy Birthday Eyan!!!! You are a doll. It sounds like you all had so much fun. Give big hugs all around we love and miss you all.

Trish said...

Happy Birthday to Eyan, Happy Birthday to you!! Liz mentioned last week that it was Eyan's birthday soon. I am a bad long-distant Aunt. We love you guys!

Kendra said...

Your little guy is so cute! It is so funny to me that our kids are so close together in age! And, I can totally relate to the whole epidural story!

The MK Crew said...

Great job on the cake, Brittney! I can't believe he's already one! What a cutie! Wish we could have been at the party!