Monday, March 23, 2009

PiAnO!!

So, my mom was coming down to our house this weekend for Eyan's birthday party. I see her pull in with a truck and PIANO in the bed!!!! I was soooo excited!! First off, I have been beggin my mom to give me her piano for years. Basically because no one plays it and it just sits in her basement in the cold! It's a gorgeous piano but I guess, I've lost the war because she got me another one!! :) It's super old and needs to be re-finished really badly but I'm really excited to have a project with Kevin!! I went through 3 rags cleaning it and I used an old tooth brush to clean out the creases. It looks a lot better! I'm thankful for a mom and step dad who went out of their way to give us this great gift!! We went out and bought a Primary Song book, Hymn book and a solo. Plus, I went to my mom's and got all my old music from when I took lessons. I'm excited to play the things I used to. I'm going to have to practice ALOT!!

Before it's wash.
After!! Not much better but better! And it plays! So, I can't ask for more!!

8 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Brit! How exciting!!! I wish we lived by you so you could teach me and then teach my kids! :) Practice lots and lots and maybe someday we WILL live by eachother and then you CAN teach us!!! Well, I can dream right? How was the birthday??? We should plan a weekend trip up to see you! Do you have any available weekends?

Josh and Amber said...

That is so fun! I wish I knew how to play the piano.

Alan and Lynette said...

Congratulations!!! I have really loved having ours...and what a seriously great surprise:)

Mille said...

You lucky lil duck! That is awesome!!! I would love to have a piano in our new house...but they are SOOO expensive. I'm hoping one day my mom might give me her old one as well. But she still uses it, so I may just be out of luck for awhile! Yay! Have fun!

Unknown said...

fun- I love playing the piano even though I don't play well at all. I had to store mine until we get a house- my husband refused to bring it up three flights of stairs :) It'll be so fun to play with your kids- :)

Trish said...

I'm so excited for you Brittney!! I would be lost without mine (or the Thomas' or Debi's - wherever we're living) Mine is at my Mom's in Provo. You can get on-line and print out music too. Some of my recent downloads are:
aaronwaite.com and
defordmusic.com
They have instrumental renditions of favorite hymns.

Have fun!

Lori said...

How fun Brittney. You will be surprised the wonderful memories one piece of furniture can create. I hope you have lots of happy times making music! Take care.

Sabrina said...

I think playing is good for the soul. It always makes me feel better. Now you will have all year to get ready to play those christmas songs.