Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Dreaded Plague...


Day after day, I sit around in my spare time trying to think of creative things to blog about. Lately, I have had nothing... :) my days consist of being a mom.. which I love but most days are pretty much the same. Then there's always the cake thing, but I'm pretty sure people don't want to talk cakes all day long. So, one thing that has made up Kevin and I's life this last week, is the dreaded 24 hour flu!! Oh, my word! I HATE it!! Kevin came home Thursday after work and wasn't feeling well, he said his stomach was hurting, I am TERRIFIED of the stomach flu so I went on the fritz. I was sanitizing everyone's hands like crazy, I wouldn't let Kevin touch anything and I quarantined him to our room for the night. When bed time came I was terrified of getting to close to him. And I had to wash our sheets the second we got up the next morning. Turned out he didn't have the stomach flu, just the flu. So, a few days passed and I thought well was good in the Jones house... no no, we got home Sunday night from family fun and I get sick!! I was sooo mad, and miserable. I will admit I whined a lot more than Kevin did. And It made me sad if he didn't cuddle me.. :( but HEY he already had it!! So, there was no risk of him getting it!! Our family doesn't get sick to often so when we do it hits us of guard. I hate the feeling of not wanting to move because every time you do your whole body hurts or when you kids jump on you it feels like you are going to bruise! Or even getting the chills hurt! Or feeling like you will never feel whole again and you'd do anything to make it go away!! Maybe I'm just a whimp, I need to man up.

***** I was just informed that the stomach flu and the flu are the same thing, to me they are not! The stomach flu is when you are puking and puking and puking. The flu is just where you feel horrible the whole day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the stomach flu and the flu (influenza) aren't the same. they are caused by different microorganisms (bacteria). i'm in microbiology right now and my teacher just talked about that last week.

Sabrina said...

You are so funny. I really enjoy reading your bloggs. It is my laugh for the day. So I told your Dad I will be down the end of april for my sisters wedding. We need to make plans to do something.

Alan and Lynette said...

That's the pits!!!! Being sick is the WORST!!! Especially when you're supposed to still play mom/responsible human being...rough times...Hopefully everyone is on the mend! Hopefully the boys won't get it too!!!

Liz said...

My eyes don't do well with the yellow print, I'm getting OLD!!! But, I managed my way through your cute post and I feel so bad. I hate the flu (no matter which kind)!!! I had a quick bout of it when we were flying to Hawaii. I couldn't throw up, but I ached and had a little fever. BLUH!!! I hate that feeling, so I'm sorry! How are the boys?

Trish said...

I'm so sorry Brittney! Lincoln had it this week. He didn't eat much for about 48 hours and then slept about 15 hours and ate like a pig the next day. Glad y'all are better!